The Simple Things - A True Holiday

I am convinced that it's not the rich and lavish gifts, the music, the parties, the cleaning of the house for the in-laws that make a holiday what it is.

The word Holiday comes from the concept of a "holy" day....

Holy means: sacred or set apart.


So when you get that mega-mart flyer in the mail, and you are feeling stressed about your christmas budget and your crazy party schedule, stop. Take a breath. And Ask yourself:

1. What is it that makes this season sacred to me?
2. What is it that sets this time of the year apart from the rest?
3. How can I enjoy the sacred moments?
4. What memories of the "holiness" of Christmas do I have in my head, and how can I recapture them?
5. Is this thing that has me stressed REALLY that important?

It's the simple things that are the most important.

0 comments:

Share/Save/Bookmark